Hi, I'm Guan
And it's nice to meet you!
I mean, not actually meet you. This is just a website.
I'm a speculative fiction writer—you might like to read my writing:
- Re: Your Stone in Diabolical Plots, April 2023
- Wok Hei St in Strange Horizons, Aug 2022
- Still Life—A Review in The Dread Machine, May 2022
- Included in Tor.com's Must Read Short Speculative Fiction: 12 Works You Might Have Missed by Alex Brown
- Phoenix Tile in khōréō, April 2022
- Included in The Year's Best Fantasy, Vol 2, ed. Paula Guran. Forthcoming.
- Included in the 2022 Locus Recommnded Reading List
- Included in A.C. Wise's Favourite Short Stories of 2022
- Reviewed by Alex Brown for Tor.com: "I could happily read a whole book about Ah Lok’s urban fantasy adventures."
- Recommended by Karen Burham in Locus
Rider Reviews for FerrymanCharon in Translunar Travelers Lounge, Feb 2022
Currently writing Chu and Sons Most Excellent Monster Hunting Concern: an urban fantasy novel about an intergenerational monster hunting family
- An excerpt won Highly Commended in the Next Chapter award from the Wheeler Centre
Or you might want to know more about me, for some reason. I mean, I do too, to be honest.
Here's my usual bio, more or less:
> Guan Un lives in Sydney, Australia, with his family and a dog named after a tiger. He has been published at Strange Horizons, khōréō, and featured on Levar Burton Reads. He is a dumpling connoisseur and a book omnivore, and writes a newsletter about sentences at buttondown.email/topicsentence. Occasionally at @thisisguan and guanun.com. (he/him)
I think that's still all true. Don't click that last link though. Or you'll end up back here. Unless that's what you want. I mean, it's not like you came on the internet to waste time, did you?
Oh, you might want to contact me and actually say hi, since this is just a website.